Sunday, June 16, 2013


HEY KID ARE YOU THE KID AROUND THE CORNER KID???!


Dearest Grandpa,
There's so many things to be said about you, all great of course.
 First of all I'm so grateful that I have the honor of calling you my grandfather.
Not many children get to say their grandpa
is the best or that he has written several books. But I am MORE than POSITIVE
 that no one has a grandpa that takes them hunting
through foggy terrifying jungles on ruthless adventures to get Tiger's blood.
Or that their grandfather takes them out for ice cream.
"I Scream for ice cream, I scream for Ice cream!" says Grandpa....
Grandpa, you always take us out for ice cream no matter the day(except the sabbath unless its a serious emergency :) haha just kidding. ) or time. You are so kind to listen to all we have to say even if its boring as crud, you still act like its as fascinating as the things you enjoy in life.

I REALLY appreciate the fact that you have helped us so much. Especially with the move to the Burg and helping us meet new people and asking how Barbra, Frank, Annie, and Bonnie are doing. They really appreciate it too. They were telling me its cool how you really care about my friends and life. You are quite the friendly person trying to meet all my "friends" that may or not exist. HA! 

Thanks for teaching us lesson during FHE, even if they are 12 hours long.....;) 
They are super awesome and make me more interested in the scriptures and learning new things about the church or even digging deeper in what we already know. One particular FHE that I remember was the one you talked about looking out our "windows" and seeing what we see. Whether its  with our physical eyes  or spiritual eyes. And how we have a choice to look at everything in a negative way or positive way. And how choosing to be happy or negative has a really big affect on people's lives. I wanna be happy and be positive. I try my best but sometimes Satan gets the best of me. but  I have NEVER forgotten that lesson because it really hit home with me.  I love how you used snow for your first example. Yes, in the Burg it basically snows 9 outta' the 12 months in Rexburg.....maybe even more some years. But a lot of times we complain or whine about it, but should be happy about it even if its crappy, because the bright side could be that 
- we have a roof over our head
                   - we're safe its not harming us
- in texas we didnt even have snow
-its not as hot
- I can FINALLY wear my SUPER  cute Texas cowboy boots and super cute scarves
we can have fires and not be hot
see, those are jsut a few positive points about snow here in the Burg.
And YOU have helped me see that. THANK YOU!!!!
DSC02437.JPGDSC02436.JPG
And that with our spiritual eyes it is important to be grounded and firm in the faith no matter what. And to pray and read scriptures DAILY. Thank you for serving a mission and then a few with My WONDERFUL grandmother and being so firm in the church. Yall's testimonies and examples has helped me build my testimony and build my faith.

YOU are super involved with your family and grand kiddos. You help each of us (your...kiddos, grand kiddos, cousins, aunts, uncles, in-laws,etc.) feels SUPER special because you get to know us each individually and on a personal level. I really love that because   it makes me feel special and loved. And you and I are so close. 
And with all that has happened in the past year or so,  you are one of my many great male role models in my life. You have shown me what a true husband and father does and that it is possible for me to one day trust men.
Thanks again for being so patient with me all these years you PUNK ;) 
TRUST me...I KNOW I was a pill back then, I'm just glad I've changed. 
YOUR THE BEST!
I just have one last question...HEY KID ARE YOU THE KID AROUND THE CORNER KID, NO KID IM NOT THE KID AROUND THE CORNER KID!

And PS- whenever anyone says "wickedness never was happiness" it ALWAYS reminds me of you because thats your FAV scripture. haha not cause your wicked.
Thanks for your SWEET SWEET spirit. I sure do LOVE YOU!!!!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
XOXOXOXOXO
Karigan,
the Kid around the Corner.

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment