Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Letter from Grandpa



Happy Father's Day

        
              Grandpa,

Thanks for being such a wonderful parent (to my wonderful mom and to all of fun aunts and uncles) and fantastic Grandfather. 
There are so many wonderful moment and experiences I have had with you,  there is no way to record all of them. There is one in particular that I wish to share in which you were not there, but yet is an experience that I cherish. 

It was a couple days after I had passed my board of review for me Eagle. On that day, I received a letter from you. The template of the letter was blue sky with an ice cream in the middle. The heading of the letter said, "I love my grandchildren and ice cream." On the letter, you expressed how proud you were of me finally getting my eagle and how I was "saving the fat cats of Austin, Texas". Although you were far away in Idaho, I felt your love for ice cream :) as well as your love for me. I still have that letter and it is a letter I will always cherish.

On this Father's Day, I hope that you can see that there are so many people who honor you and think you are a great father and grandfather.

Have a great Father's Day! We all love you!

                          
                                                                                                                   Kieran

No comments:

Post a Comment